You might have heard that exogenous ketones are quite effective in weight loss because they modify the concentration of hormones that create hunger in our body and thus, reduce appetite. These ketones diminish your craving to eat and you don’t need to count your calories every day. This is a ketogenic diet when your body use energy from fat instead of carbs. Ketogenic diet is a state of hunger and the exogenous or out-sourced ketones support this diet plan.
Ketones supplementation- benefits
• The core benefit is to promote weight loss and this is the reason we call them as exogenous ketones for weight loss.
• Ketones supplementation is recommended by physicians to regulate blood sugar levels.
• Ketones supplementation is source of energy during work-outs or sports and more oxygen for better performance.
• Ketones maintain metabolic rate of brain by preventing formation of free radicals which helps to maintain energy, stamina and strength of athletes during sports.
• They help to improve cognitive ability and mental performance to great extent if taken on an empty stomach.
How can you take ketones supplementation?
Ketones can be outsourced in many different forms. Exogenous ketones supplement is a common term you might have seen in many supplement advertisements for weight loss. Ketone supplements are usually salts, esters or oils. Ketone salts have better taste but are slow acting. Ketone esters are fast acting compared to salts but their taste is not good.
Ketone oils are not fast acting but they have enduring effect. The supplements are available in pills, powder, and liquid form making it easy for people to consume as per their taste. Taste may not be major consideration for consumption, but powdered form is considered best as it can be mixed with other ingredients for consumption. Take them in any form or any time of the day, if you can’t take them in the morning, but they will help you in many ways.