fpga board is an abbreviation of field-programmable gate array board. It is simply an integrated circuit (IC) which, after manufacturing can be programmed in a particular field. These boards are similar to programmable read-only memory (PROM) chips in principle but have a wider potential application. FPGAs are highly used by engineers in colleges and workplaces as specialized integrated circuits (ICs). The same can be produced later as hard-wired in huge quantities for distribution to end users and computer manufactures. FPGA boards also allow computer users to meet their individual needs by tailoring microprocessors.
FPGA board world has grown continuously over the past decade. They have grown from thousands to millions, along with analog interfaces, added memory, and other new features like solving nearly every computing problem. FPGAs are used across many different industries. Recent security developments also allow their use in the applications where ASICs were only suitable. All the users have to do is consider their needs for form factor, flexibility, and the development environment.
Advantages of FPGA board are:
• Flexibility: The main advantage is flexibility. FPGA boards are much flexible over computing systems. FPGAs can easily survive in dynamic environments. This means, responding to the changing needs is simpler on an FPGA based system.
• An ideal choice: FPGAs are an ideal choice for low production quantities.
• Speed: As this new programming is developed, it can be quickly tested on any hardware design. These speeds up development time.
• Low of cost: These boards reduce the cost drastically as the same test hardware can be used repeatedly.
• Security: Every user is concerned about security the most. FPGAs are now manufactured cares about these issues. Many different levels of security are provided by different types of FPGAs. For a high level of protection, the user should choose flash based FPGAs.
These are the benefits of using an FPGA board.